Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Right vs Wrong

Hi again guys. I have to catch up a little so I'm making another post already.
When you are addicted to books, you wanna read them no matter what, sometimes it doesn't matter how you get them either. We know there are a lot of e-piracy nowadays, and we know is not right. Even a lot of bloggers write about this topic in their blogs. I read a very simple a convincing explanation of why e-piracy is wrong in one blog (I will post the links to the posts at the end). That, led me to ask myself the famous two words: "What if".
What if you cannot get the book because you don't live where it was published and it doesn't go to your country?
What If you wanna buy an e-copy but the bookshop doesn't let you because the billing direction of your credit card is outside the specific country?
So what to do? we tried to do the right thing and buy the books, but we can't, so what are the options?
Here is when we face the dilemma of doing the right thing (dying because we can't read the book, well sort of. We don't really die. :p) vs taking the wrong path (downloading a pirate copy from the internet). Lucky for us, nothing in this world is black or white, we have shades of grey. In this case, a shade of gray could be to pay the book via credit card by the internet, but we need to write another billing direction. Don't get me wrong. If I wasn't really paying the book, the bookshop wouldn't let me do it. But no matter what, this is telling a lie.
So as they say, we are between the wall and a sharp place.
I find some quotes about right vs wrong, They are from the fever series by Karen Marie Moning and Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray:


"Most People are good and occasionally do something they know is bad. Some people are bad and struggle every day to keep it under control. Others are corrupt to the core and don’t give a damn, as long as they don’t get caught. But evil is a completely different creature. Evil is bad that believes it’s good"

"Evil isn't a state of being, is a choice."

"Nobody is perfect for battling evil. It’s seductive."

"The good guys and bad guys aren’t as easy to tell apart as I used to think they were. You can’t look at someone with your eyes and take measure. You have to look with the heart."

"In each of us lie good and bad, light and dark, art and pain, choice and regret, cruelty and sacrifice.  We’re each of us our own chiaroscuro, our own bit of illusion fighting to emerge into something solid, something real.  We’ve got to forgive ourselves that. I must remember to forgive myself.  Because there’s an awful lot of gray to work with. No one can live in the light all the time."

Maybe this quotes, don't fit exactly with the reality that I exposed, but they are close. 
Thinking about topics like this, one day I made myself a quote. I really hope you like it, because I try really hard when I write something down.

"We all have darkness within ourselves, but it’s the strength to fight it that defines us. Is what we do every day, the decisions we make, the things we think worth fighting for, what made what we are.
People have power, the power of create, destroy… the power of change reality, and It isn’t wrong or bad or perilous by itself. What makes it dangerous is how we use it. What we chose to do every little minute of our lives with it is what makes a difference; we are the ones who make a difference, because we chose to do it.
Nothing by itself is right or wrong!!!
The difference can be made. It is our call, our time and our place to make it.
So… Put your ass to work and do something for your world!!!!"


Here is from where I read the post, they are from the blog "Passionate Book Divas":

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carolina,
    Books, movies, musics, behaviors...every day and in every aspect of our life you can be bordered line. You are a unique human being. So even if you've learn the common society rules, you will still find somebody who will behave unexpectantly and will never see the wrong in his actions. It's the beauty of life: every one is different.
    As for your reflexion I will add some fuel on the fire of this conversation... Whats the difference between downloaded a pirate e-copy and borrowing a book from a friend ?

    By the way, nice choice of topic...
    One of your new follower!
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucie, thank for the comment.
    Honestly, I hadn't thought about the borrow books. It's a very good question. it is another what if too, and I really don't know the answer. I guess That is because I always try to have my own copy, I'm a bookworm, so I'm really special about my copies. But this is a question To think about.
    Once again thanks for following me. I go visit your blog too.
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog..!! :)
    Your tastes are very similar to mine..at least in blog designing ..!
    Do keep in touch..I think I am going to like you very much..! :)
    http://readingwithanacrasia.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post :). You have a really nice blog.
    New follower!

    Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts

    ReplyDelete